Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- The big cultural news these days is the possibility that philanthropist Eli Broad's art museum will be built downtown on Grand Avenue. However, nothing is in stone yet.
- Following a lawsuit here in Los Angeles, eHarmony is now letting gays and lesbians do the online dating thing via their service.
- Neighborhood politics can get whacky: the President of the Greater Echo Park Elysian Neighborhood Council was not charged with assault--he allegedly came after a fellow board member like a sumo wrestler--after a City Attorney hearing yesterday.
- At last night's public Budget & Finance Committee meeting of the L.A. City council in Van Nuys--it was located there to better public access-only two of the five members showed up.
- After 50 years, the classic San Gabriel eatery Goody's is moving to El Monte. Blame high rent.
- The Loteria Grill in Studio City is prepping to open in early February.
- "The city of Long Beach will pay nearly $2 million to the California State Water Board for improperly storing petroleum and waste oil."
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader