Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Charles Samuel, the transient accused of killing 17-year-old Lily Burk last summer has been ordered to stand trial. This morning coroner's testimony regarding the autopsy revealed her body showed signs of a violent struggle.
- Nadya Suleman's octuplets turn 1 today, but "OctoMom" and her life are still fodder for the tabloids, and much scrutiny.
- All that rain last week, and more on the way...but we're still in a drought.
- The Mayor of Inglewood resigned abruptly last night, and then changed his plea to guilty on misdemeanor charges in his public corruption case.
- Hey kids, this is your face. This is your face on Meth. Wanna try some now?
- LA County's Probation Department may soon have a new leader, coming to the job from Alameda County.
- Actor John Mitchell, 89, who played the dashing and manipulative Palmer Cortland on All My Children for over 30 years, died Friday at Cedars-Sinai.