Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- The sun came out today, and dried up all the rain, but it's not the itsy-bitsy spider we're talking about getting back to work, it's the work to cleanup the storm mess that's underway.
- 5 people were injured overnight in a crash in Van Nuys that involved two possibly drunk drivers.
- 16-year-old Thousand Oaks resident Abby Sunderland headed off to sail around the world today; she could wind up being the youngest person to make the voyage, and taking the title from her big brother.
- Legal troubles from the estate of the late Farrah Fawcett, as a trustee has filed a suit against a producer.
- Lifeguards in Newport Beach recovered the body of a male surfer in his late 30s-early 40s who died while out in the powerful surf.
- The LA Times' Patt Morrison talks with "Big Green Man" Ed Begley Jr.
- RIP to actress Jean Simmons, the lovely co-star of the classic movie musical Guys and Dolls and many more great films.