Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Weather Reporting Wins: Was the ski-mask armed robbery at the Tiffany's in Century City on Tuesday underplayed in the media? asks LA Observed.
- All that damage to to Long Beach this week came at the price of $3 million.
- Beverly Hills and Santa Monica have been discussed, but is downtown on the plate for Eli Broad's anticipated art museum?
- Pop art-inspired 'bobrauschenbergamerica' opens at Ford Theatre tomorrow
- State Democrats have revived a plan for single-payer healthcare, says KPCC: "Creating a single-payer system would cost an estimated $210 billion in its first year. That's roughly double the size of the total state budget.
- A the family of a student who was apparently forced by LAUSD administrators to buy marijuana in a sting is suing the district.
- At Venice Beach: "The impact of the storms, the shoreline is about 15 feet closer in than it used to be," notes Metblogs.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader