LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Weather Reporting Wins: Was the ski-mask armed robbery at the Tiffany's in Century City on Tuesday underplayed in the media? asks LA Observed.
- All that damage to to Long Beach this week came at the price of $3 million.
- Beverly Hills and Santa Monica have been discussed, but is downtown on the plate for Eli Broad's anticipated art museum?
- Pop art-inspired 'bobrauschenbergamerica' opens at Ford Theatre tomorrow
- State Democrats have revived a plan for single-payer healthcare, says KPCC: "Creating a single-payer system would cost an estimated $210 billion in its first year. That's roughly double the size of the total state budget.
- A the family of a student who was apparently forced by LAUSD administrators to buy marijuana in a sting is suing the district.
- At Venice Beach: "The impact of the storms, the shoreline is about 15 feet closer in than it used to be," notes Metblogs.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader