Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Republican gubernatorial candidate Tom Campbell has dropped out of the race, leaving former eBay CEO Meg Whitman and Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner in the game.
- "Federal railroad officials today unveiled regulations for equipping the nation’s freight and passenger trains with automated braking systems required by Congress after the deadly 2008 Metrolink crash in Chatsworth."
- At the famous Hollywood & Vine intersection: 2,600 square feet of ground floor retail below five levels of parking (and in walking distance of a subway stop).
- If You Want to Know a Bicycle Law, Don’t Ask the California Highway Patrol.
- Suspicious: A murder suspect ended up dead in his jail cell after he told people he saw Sheriff's deputies beating a fellow inmate.
- Attention New Yorkers: the blog Midtown Lunch is moving to Los Angeles.
- Get nerdy about transit. Newly designed Big Blue Bus shelters will debut at upcoming community meetings.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader