Time is running out to keep LAist funded.
It's the FINAL DAY of our June Member Drive and we are behind on our goal to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Plus, your gift's impact will be twice as strong because it will be matched dollar for dollar!
- A taxpayer has filed a $3.3 million suit against the Michael Jackson estate on behalf of the city to recover public money spent on the event.
- The ever changing face of downtown: Hollywood's Pig n' Whistle is moving closer to seeing its original downtown location again.
- An update to this morning's post on Roman Polanski. He asked to be sentenced in absentia.
- That $22 million property near the H of the Hollywood Sign still has not been sold. Want it?
- The last known Japanese survivor of both atomic bombs passed away at the age of 93. Cause of death: stomach cancer.
- The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society's new boat, named after game show host and Woodland Hills resident Ady Gil, was damaged in a crash with a Japanese whaler boat.
- Mark Keppel High School in Alhambra was locked down after two handguns were found on campus today.
- Get on the train, Alabama and Texas! Metro is urging BCS National Championship goers to take the Gold Line to the game tomorrow.