LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A taxpayer has filed a $3.3 million suit against the Michael Jackson estate on behalf of the city to recover public money spent on the event.
- The ever changing face of downtown: Hollywood's Pig n' Whistle is moving closer to seeing its original downtown location again.
- An update to this morning's post on Roman Polanski. He asked to be sentenced in absentia.
- That $22 million property near the H of the Hollywood Sign still has not been sold. Want it?
- The last known Japanese survivor of both atomic bombs passed away at the age of 93. Cause of death: stomach cancer.
- The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society's new boat, named after game show host and Woodland Hills resident Ady Gil, was damaged in a crash with a Japanese whaler boat.
- Mark Keppel High School in Alhambra was locked down after two handguns were found on campus today.
- Get on the train, Alabama and Texas! Metro is urging BCS National Championship goers to take the Gold Line to the game tomorrow.