Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Improvements to come? "California lawmakers are moving closer to education reforms sought by the Obama administration, giving the state a shot at $700 million in federal money."
- Traffic Alert! Sigalert has been sold to Westwood One.
- A Facebook big wig donated a $2 million to Attorney General Jerry Brown's campaign for governor. The Grove and Americana developer Rick Caruso is also helping raise money for Brown.
- Oh, that Liberal Hollywood! Why do conservatives hate Avatar, the most popular movie in years?
- Sweet! Silver Lake's new vertical garden.
- NFL stadium developer Ed Roski is backing an initiative that will limit terms held by state politicians.
- The feds and their social media: "Census Bureau employs new technology in centuries-old practice"
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us in 2010. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.