LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Improvements to come? "California lawmakers are moving closer to education reforms sought by the Obama administration, giving the state a shot at $700 million in federal money."
- Traffic Alert! Sigalert has been sold to Westwood One.
- A Facebook big wig donated a $2 million to Attorney General Jerry Brown's campaign for governor. The Grove and Americana developer Rick Caruso is also helping raise money for Brown.
- Oh, that Liberal Hollywood! Why do conservatives hate Avatar, the most popular movie in years?
- Sweet! Silver Lake's new vertical garden.
- NFL stadium developer Ed Roski is backing an initiative that will limit terms held by state politicians.
- The feds and their social media: "Census Bureau employs new technology in centuries-old practice"
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us in 2010. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.