This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Sen. Gloria Romero lead the California State Senate in honoring the memory of El Monte civic leader Bobby Salcedo today; this evening a vigil will be held for him at his alma mater, Mountain View High.
- The California Medical Board has accused OctoMom Nadya Suleman's fertility doctor of negligence.
- Tuition might be skyrocketing, but both UCLA and UC Irvine made a national list of the 100 "best values" in public higher ed, at 13th and 20th ranking respectively.
- In Santa Monica a task force dedicated to arson investigation is looking into a recent string of car and trashcan fires set in the city.
- A Metro Gold Line train and a truck making an illegal U-turn collided today in East Los Angeles.
- Gas prices have gone up again for the 11th consecutive day in LA County.
- Franklin Avenue has assembled a list of the 10 things we lost in Los Angeles in 2009.