LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Sen. Gloria Romero lead the California State Senate in honoring the memory of El Monte civic leader Bobby Salcedo today; this evening a vigil will be held for him at his alma mater, Mountain View High.
- The California Medical Board has accused OctoMom Nadya Suleman's fertility doctor of negligence.
- Tuition might be skyrocketing, but both UCLA and UC Irvine made a national list of the 100 "best values" in public higher ed, at 13th and 20th ranking respectively.
- In Santa Monica a task force dedicated to arson investigation is looking into a recent string of car and trashcan fires set in the city.
- A Metro Gold Line train and a truck making an illegal U-turn collided today in East Los Angeles.
- Gas prices have gone up again for the 11th consecutive day in LA County.
- Franklin Avenue has assembled a list of the 10 things we lost in Los Angeles in 2009.