Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Sen. Gloria Romero lead the California State Senate in honoring the memory of El Monte civic leader Bobby Salcedo today; this evening a vigil will be held for him at his alma mater, Mountain View High.
- The California Medical Board has accused OctoMom Nadya Suleman's fertility doctor of negligence.
- Tuition might be skyrocketing, but both UCLA and UC Irvine made a national list of the 100 "best values" in public higher ed, at 13th and 20th ranking respectively.
- In Santa Monica a task force dedicated to arson investigation is looking into a recent string of car and trashcan fires set in the city.
- A Metro Gold Line train and a truck making an illegal U-turn collided today in East Los Angeles.
- Gas prices have gone up again for the 11th consecutive day in LA County.
- Franklin Avenue has assembled a list of the 10 things we lost in Los Angeles in 2009.