LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Authorities in the Westlake District discovered a man in his 50s stabbed to death in his own apartment.
- A vigil has been scheduled for tomorrow night to honor Bobby Salcedo, the El Monte school official slain last week while on holiday in Mexico.
- Something stinks in Lawndale.
- Our hot temps meant fast-wilting for the many flowers used to adorn the Rose Parade floats which were on display all weekend in Pasadena.
- A call to have California's higher education Master Plan re-envisoned to better reflect our times.
- Controversial OC Pastor Rick Warren and the Saddleback Church raised $2.4 million after issuing a plea for donations.
- Did he or didn't he? A new bio claims actor Warren Beatty bedded close to 13,000 women (all before marrying Annette Bening, natch)...but his lawyer says that info isn't authorized.