This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Respected El Monte civic leader Bobby Salcedo was among those gunned down late last week in Mexico.
- An intoxicated knife-wielding man was arrested yesterday when he attempted to climb a fence at LAX.
- A water main break caused a sinkhole to open up this morning near Sylmar High School.
- 56: Number of people attending the Rose Parade yesterday who needed medical attention.
- Plus...296: Number of rooms in the Pasadena Hilton, all of which had to be evacuated and re-booked elsewhere yesterday when an electrical problem caused smoke to disperse and power outages.
- What's going on at Ascot Hills Park? The nature preserve northeast of DTLA has been sitting unfinished two-and-a-half years past its target completion date.
- A look at some of the first babies born in 2010 in Los Angeles County. Happy Birthday!