Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Fascinating: "Peace breaks out among LA gangs: It's all a matter of economics."
- The movie Battle: Los Angeles was filmed in LA... Louisiana, that is, which has Curbed LA asking "If we can't keep a movie in town that has 'Los Angeles' in the title, what can we keep here?"
- LA County's Gift for Guns program took 5,334 weapons off the streets, including 53 from just one guy.
- Forget your crappy getting skinny New Year's resolution, here are 4 Eco-New Year’s challenges.
- The famous NPR voice of Carl Kassell won't be so ubiquitous anymore, unless you listen to Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me.
- A guide to New Year's Eve in downtown.
- What a lede: "Orange County sheriff's deputies say a man savagely killed a dog, ran naked through a tennis club and poured hot coffee on his head."
- It's a silly sounding Facebook fan page, but the issue is becoming quite a story up in the SCV: Find the Missing Santa Clarita Baby Jesus.
- The restaurant Off Vine, which burned down in 2008, is prepping to make a come back in 2010!
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.