LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A sacked employee of a gaming commission in San Diego County walked into his former office with a shotgun and killed an employee before killing himself.
- Christmas Tree Surfing: fun and dangerous.
- About that five-hour standoff in Van Nuys this morning.
- The mural outside the Little Joy divebar in Echo Park has been painted over, as well as the Pepto-Bismol pink walls inside.
- Marc Porter Zasada, KCRW's "The Urban Man," wants to see Los Angeles become, well, more urban in the next decade.
- A 15-year-old girl was struck and killed by a freight train in Fullerton this morning.
- ExperienceLA wants you to experience the Gold, Red and Purple lines on New Year's Day with their blog post guide to walkable attractions.
- Ready to theme park it up in 2010? How about the Top 10 most anticipated California theme park rides and attractions for 2010?
- Nom, nom nom. Eater LA asks a panel of foodies about their top 2009 restaurant standbys. Lots of great choices, including Jitlada, Pita Kitchen, Nickel Diner, Daikokuya , Palate and more.