LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- With new financial disclosure rules in effect, the LAPD is having trouble filling openings in its much-needed gang unit.
- Welcome George Ivan Morrison III, aka "Little Van," to the world. He's Van Morrison's son and was born today!
- Fewer police officers died in California this year.
- Attention city nerds: here's a good primer to following the Los Angeles City Council.
- Every million counts when you're $98 million in the hole: City Attorney Carmen Trutanich has scored $1.5 million for the city by going after overdue taxes.
- Matteo's on Westwood Boulevard has received a nice facelift.
- A community meeting about high speed rail between Anaheim and Fullerton will take place next month. In preparation, the folks at the California High Speed Rail Blog dive into the complexities of the route.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.