Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Singer-songwriter Vic Chestnutt died yesterday in Georgia. The LAT notes a close friend speculates he was in a coma following a suicide attempt and that he had over $70k in debt.
- Vandals went on a spree in the Valley Christmas Eve shooting out the windows of several stores and cars on major boulevards.
- Authorities searching the area where a hiker found a human skull this week found another human skull this morning. The skull found today shows signs of trauma but the death has not been ruled a homicide.
- Lakers' forward Ron Artest suffered injuries to his head and elbow following a fall on stairs at his home on Christmas Day.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is about to embark on a search of SoCal desert land to look for unexploded bombs and artillery shells left from WWII.
- A Christmas night shooting spree in unincorporated Athens left one man dead and several other people injured.
- What did December 25th look like for you? Put your best photo from yesterday in our Flickr pool (tag with "122509"), and you may see it in a photo gallery on the site on Monday.