Today on Giving Tuesday, LAist needs your support.
Today, your donation to LAist will be matched dollar for dollar. Your tax-deductible gift that powers our reporters and keeps us independent will be felt twice as strong today, so don't delay!
- Singer-songwriter Vic Chestnutt died yesterday in Georgia. The LAT notes a close friend speculates he was in a coma following a suicide attempt and that he had over $70k in debt.
- Vandals went on a spree in the Valley Christmas Eve shooting out the windows of several stores and cars on major boulevards.
- Authorities searching the area where a hiker found a human skull this week found another human skull this morning. The skull found today shows signs of trauma but the death has not been ruled a homicide.
- Lakers' forward Ron Artest suffered injuries to his head and elbow following a fall on stairs at his home on Christmas Day.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is about to embark on a search of SoCal desert land to look for unexploded bombs and artillery shells left from WWII.
- A Christmas night shooting spree in unincorporated Athens left one man dead and several other people injured.
- What did December 25th look like for you? Put your best photo from yesterday in our Flickr pool (tag with "122509"), and you may see it in a photo gallery on the site on Monday.