LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Department store windows are a big deal in some cities around Christmas time, including Los Angeles of yesteryear.
- More on why cyclists should continue taking a stand against DWP's Festival of Lights.
- Sarah Palin on Twitter yesterday questioned if "death panels back in?" the national health care debate.
- "With Los Angeles County and most of its 88 cities struggling with double-digit unemployment, the Economic Development Corp. today released its first-ever strategic plan that calls for creating a more business-friendly environment to spur jobs."
- More conservative attacks on high speed rail and analysis of said attacks.
- The LA Times looks into the continued problems at the LA County Coroner's office in regards to leaked info about celebrity deaths.
- California State Assembly Member Pedro Nava on why the Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2009 is bad for California.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader