LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Today is the Winter Solstice, and it's also the shortest day of the year and the first day of winter.
- Police in Winnetka are investigating the case of a woman's body found inside a parked car.
- And another sad discovery: Authorities in Riverside County are looking into the deaths of two people found along a trail in a vineyard.
- A New York Rabbi was sentenced in federal court in LA today to 2 years in prison for his part in a money laundering and tax fraud scheme.
- Metrolink is getting ready to roll out new "crash-resistant" rail cars.
- Is the end near for Patrick's Roadhouse on PCH?
- Does your office have a culprit who shares these odors? The OC Weekly's 5 Awful Office Food Smells.