LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Where's Arnold? Well, last night he took part in a tree-lighting ceremony with LA County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas at Martin Luther King Jr. Hospital.
- A Texas man posing as a magazine salesman was arrested yesterday for allegedly committing a home invasion robbery and attempted rape in Winnetka.
- A man and a woman were found shot dead early this morning inside a parked car in El Sereno.
- An 18-month-old girl drowned at home last night in Buena Park when her mother briefly left her unattended in the bathtub.
- How is the state's "stimulus czar," aka former City Controller Laura Chick doing? The czar herself thinks not as well as she'd like to be.
- Apricot-glazed Turkey, Vegetarian Lentil Shepherd's Pie and Stuffed Pork Chops: Menu items at a top new eatery? Nope, they were top items served on college campuses this year.
- Reminder: There are three sobriety checkpoints set up around town tonight: "on Highland Avenue between Franklin Street and Odin Street in Hollywood, on Vineland Boulevard near Vanowen Street in the Valley and on Florence Avenue between Western Avenue and St. Andrews Place in South L.A."