This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- How low can you go? The Governor’s approval ratings sink to lowest percentage ever.
- Do you have what it tokes to be OC Weekly’s Marijuana beat writer?
- Hero dog in “cheerful” condition after Hollywood Hills home invasion robbery leaves him riddled with bullets.
- West Hollywood Sheriffs are watching you! A friendly reminder to not drink and drive courtesy of your cocktail napkin.
- Cal State LA’s Luckman Art Gallery exhibit brings new meaning to the term, “The Last Supper.”
- Fan of Public Transit? Metro has launched a "fan" page on Facebook.
- Speaking of Facebook, Valleywag helps us restore our privacy settings after the latest retool of the site.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader
This post was put together by guest writer Ana Bustilloz. Thanks, Ana!
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.