Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- About the above photo: "While an announcer talks about who the next American Idol will be, a man on the street behind her eats from a garbage can," explains photographer Jeffrey Patrick in the caption of his photo where he suggests a few charities to donate to this holiday season.
- Attention travelers. The snowstorm on the East Coast may cancel several flights.
- The Tar Pit is a new swanky bar in Mid-City. Eater LA gives a sense of it: "the decor is reminiscent of a 40's era supper club, but the low-key ambiance and the sensible menu appeals to a broad audience
- Sean Bonner calls for the sacking of Los Angeles' bicycle coordinator Michelle Mowery after comments she made at a public meeting, including one about Portland being "very white."
- blogdowntown scores an interview with the new Downtown Art Walk director, Jay Lopez.
- Teachers as bad examples? Angry over a contract dispute, teachers fed students doughnuts during a nutrition break in protest.
- Will Google acquire Yelp?
- A good link for those keeping tabs on reform in California politics: California Reform--Effectiveness and Efficiency.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader