This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- 30 years of major public transit projects--that's 12 projects--completed in 10 years? MoveLA is ready to engage in battle.
- The man charged with stalking ESPN's Erin Andrews pleaded guilty today in a Los Angeles courthouse.
- The popular Downtown Art Walk has a new Executive Director.
- Will L.A.'s feral cat population grow? A superior court judge suspended local trap, neuter and release programs.
- UCLA's new police station is nearing completion.
- The inaugural competition at the Venice Skate Park will take place this Saturday.
- Echo Park: Same spot, second crash, but luckily no one was killed this time.
- Free cupcakes! In honor of National Cupcake Day (and beyond), Susie Cupcakes is giving away free cupcakes if you are in the giving spirit, yourself.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.