- An Oregon wind farm will supply energy to Southern California Edison by 2011.
- Tesla Motors vacillates between Long Beach and Downey for the site of its new manufacturing facility.
- Also in Long Beach: global warming could increase ocean levels by 16 inches over the next 40 years, threatening the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles, among other California ports.
- Jason Ara Erpinar, 20, of Yorba Linda was charged today with drugging and raping women he met on MySpace.
- Layoffs continue at the already-understaffed Long Beach Museum of Art.
- The Los Angeles Planning Commission approves the final phase of the Playa Vista development project, "The Village": 2,600 homes, a shopping center, and office buildings to be built on property formally occupied by an airstrip and a Hughes Aircraft manufacturing facility.
- The City Council wants to know if City Attorney Carmen Trutanich will file charges against AEG or not about the Michael Jackson memorial.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader
Today's Extra, Extra was written by Auroriele Hans. Thanks, Auroriele!