Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Say that again? "There is a pandemic of vitamin D insufficiency around the world, and those of us living in sunny Los Angeles are not immune from the problem."
- Ahhhh! Too many chihuahuas in California! If you need a dog, maybe consider taking them off animal shelters' hands.
- An "ugly" Leonardo di Vinci drawing is going on display in Westwood this weekend.
- We totally didn't feel it, but did you? A 2.3 microquake struck at 8:28 a.m. in the Hawthorne-Lawndale area, 12 miles southwest of downtown L.A.
- A 280-car garage to serve the Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension is under construction with a Spring opening eyed.
- Fans of Menchies and Yogurtland will be happy to know that Red Mango will be going self-serve stylein 2010.
- Has Los Angeles food culture percolated into Chicago's foodie scene?
- The monthly Downtown Art Walk is tomorrow night, blogdowntown's Ed Fuentes has a preview.