LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Rescuers had to pull someone out of the rain-choked LA River in the Atwater Village area this afternoon.
- And, hey, take it easy if you're driving. The CHP logged 290 incidents between 5 and 11 this morning alone. Yikes.
- The Archbishop of Canterbury may have his robes in a knot over the historic vote approving the first lesbian leader, Rev. Mary Glasspool, who will now serve as the assistant bishop in the LA Diocese.
- 50 more patients have been listed as having been exposed to dangerous radiation at Cedars-Sinai hospital.
- Are cheap DVD rentals ruining our local economy?
- Tricky Dick, redux: A robber wearing a Richard Nixon mask has been robbing banks in SoCal; some think it's in homage to the movie Point Break. He however, cannot claim he's "not a crook."
- A love letter to Los Angeles...a city with the Dodgers, the beach, drunken taco truck adventures, and the best nigth clubs!