LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A 16-year-old girl walking on the shoulder of the 170 Freeway in North Hollywood late last night was struck and killed by a motorist. An investigation is underway to determine why she was on foot on the highway.
- An LA Times opinion piece offers a fond personal remembrance of activist Alice McGrath, who died late last month.
- Authorities are using info left on social media sites like MySpace and Twitter for help in solving gang-related crimes.
- An ex-Assemblyman was booked for allegedly running over a parking attendant at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum.
- Change is in the air above the Santa Monica Airport.
- Residents in the Foothill community of La Crescenta are bracing for the incoming rains that might bring down their burn-scarred hillsides.
- Want to be a part of the LAist team? We're looking for volunteers to help put together pieces like this, our daily news roundup, and maybe more. Send us an email if you're interested.