Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- A 16-year-old girl walking on the shoulder of the 170 Freeway in North Hollywood late last night was struck and killed by a motorist. An investigation is underway to determine why she was on foot on the highway.
- An LA Times opinion piece offers a fond personal remembrance of activist Alice McGrath, who died late last month.
- Authorities are using info left on social media sites like MySpace and Twitter for help in solving gang-related crimes.
- An ex-Assemblyman was booked for allegedly running over a parking attendant at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum.
- Change is in the air above the Santa Monica Airport.
- Residents in the Foothill community of La Crescenta are bracing for the incoming rains that might bring down their burn-scarred hillsides.
- Want to be a part of the LAist team? We're looking for volunteers to help put together pieces like this, our daily news roundup, and maybe more. Send us an email if you're interested.