LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- LA County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas weighs in on the HuffPo in favor of a partnership between the UC and King/Drew Medical Center.
- Several fans tumbled to the ground at a high school football game in Tustin last night when a guard rail on the bleachers gave way. 2 people suffered minor injuries.
- Today the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles elected the first openly gay bishop as part of their endeavor to fill two openings in their leadership.
- Green living expert and Angeleno Anna Getty (yes, those Gettys) talks to the OC Register's mom blog about ways to have a more eco-friendly Christmas.
- Authorities in Hemet have located their suspect in the case of the teen whose burned corpse was found in a backyard.
- The Eastsider LA shares a video featuring Highland Park's patriarch of soda pop.
- Add this up: News + Writing + LAist. If it equals YOU, we want to know. We're looking for some willing volunteers to pitch in and help out with our daily news roundup (aka what you're reading) and maybe even more on the site. Drop us a line!