LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Track record? Governor Schwarzenegger got booed this weekend when he paid a visit to Hollywood Park to honor Zenyatta, the horse with the amazing perfect record.
- A small brush fire that sparked up near the 73 toll road in Irvine was quickly put out this afternoon.
- Director Roman Polanski remains jailed in Switzerland, where authorities are insisting he pay the full $4.5 million bail before releasing him to a secured chalet for a house arrest stint.
- A man fell to his death overnight at an apartment complex in Northridge. Authorities believe the fall was an accident.
- LA has banned cat de-clawing, now Culver City is set to vote on a similar motion tonight, and Burbank next week.
- UCLA students are upset their Bruin mascot statue was vandalized, but say the "guarding" this year was symbolic, since no one seemed interested in taking on the task, leaving just a tarp to cover the statue.
- Our friends at the LA Weekly are running a "Best of the Web" awards, and you have through December 31st to submit your favorite local web savvy person or site in a variety of categories.