This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The 245-acre wildfire in San Juan Capistrano is nearly contained.
- What will become of downtown's Harlem Alley? Give your input on Thursday.
- What's the latest in Measure R funds for bicycle and pedestrian projects?
- The large park proposed within the Grand Avenue development is funded and could see a ground breaking next June.
- New--as of today--LAPD Chief Charlie Beck, who lives in Walnut, supports the NFL stadium in neighboring Industry.
- Lots of Gold Line foodie tours, this time from the 99-Cent Chef.
- In addition to the five earlier today, another larger than 3.0 quake rattled the Salton Sea area this afternoon.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.