This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The 245-acre wildfire in San Juan Capistrano is nearly contained.
- What will become of downtown's Harlem Alley? Give your input on Thursday.
- What's the latest in Measure R funds for bicycle and pedestrian projects?
- The large park proposed within the Grand Avenue development is funded and could see a ground breaking next June.
- New--as of today--LAPD Chief Charlie Beck, who lives in Walnut, supports the NFL stadium in neighboring Industry.
- Lots of Gold Line foodie tours, this time from the 99-Cent Chef.
- In addition to the five earlier today, another larger than 3.0 quake rattled the Salton Sea area this afternoon.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader