Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- A homeless man from Venice has been found guilty for the 2005 murder of an LAX police officer.
- Sweet fake gone sour: Turns out what authorities in Irvine thought was a bomb Friday was actually a melon.
- It's become de rigeur if you're notorious in the news to offer headline-makers big bucks to star in an adult film. Looks like it's ousted Miss California USA Carrie Prejean's turn.
- Burned again? A Caltech grad has been sentenced to 100 months in federal prison for multiple SUV arson incidents in the San Gabriel Valley comitted in '03. Previously convicted, the 29-year-old was in court after an appeals court overturned the original sentence.
- UC President Mark Yudoff is on the hunt for $913 million in state funding. Good luck with that, sir.
- Is it coming back? Rumor has it Disney is going to resurrect Captain EO!