Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- A homeless man from Venice has been found guilty for the 2005 murder of an LAX police officer.
- Sweet fake gone sour: Turns out what authorities in Irvine thought was a bomb Friday was actually a melon.
- It's become de rigeur if you're notorious in the news to offer headline-makers big bucks to star in an adult film. Looks like it's ousted Miss California USA Carrie Prejean's turn.
- Burned again? A Caltech grad has been sentenced to 100 months in federal prison for multiple SUV arson incidents in the San Gabriel Valley comitted in '03. Previously convicted, the 29-year-old was in court after an appeals court overturned the original sentence.
- UC President Mark Yudoff is on the hunt for $913 million in state funding. Good luck with that, sir.
- Is it coming back? Rumor has it Disney is going to resurrect Captain EO!