This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Dailiy News gives Townhouse Kitchen + Bar, a new restaurant in the Sherman Oaks Galleria, three stars.
- Police are looking for a man that has robbed at least seven stores in the Long Beach and Lakewood. Can you identify him?
- Phew! "Metrolink Riders Safe From Price Increase -- For Now."
- Sketchy! The sidewalk along Broadway in downtown is, uh, crumbling and not in a good way.
- Nearby is Angels Flight, which is still not open.
- The lot across from Vroman's Bookstore on Colorado in Pasadena might be turned into a five-story development project. If approved, it could bring over 700 jobs and more parking spaces to the area.
- A sink hole is causing Friday night rush hour traffic on the westbound 10 Freeway out in West Covina even worse. It should be fixed by the end of the night.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.