LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Good news for UCLA students: Westwood will soon be seeing a Barney's Beanery in the neighborhood.
- A car free future? A study funded by the city of Los Angeles looks into the "last mile" problem, which is "is a term created to describe the barrier many car commuters feel to taking transit or other options to single-passenger vehicle commuting."
- Continuing on that theme, Green LA Girl recaps last night's car free panel at the 18th Street Arts Center
- Yikes. "Sky diver dies in Murrieta after record-setting jump"
- People who bought condos at the Americana in Glendale will finally be able to start moving in.
- There's some drama over on Larchmont Blvd. in regards to a restaurant that's not supposed to be a restaurant.
- "The Federal Reserve on Thursday released a new rule to prohibit banks from automatically enrolling customers in overdraft protection programs, which charge fees when consumers spend more than they have," says CNN.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.