Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Good news for UCLA students: Westwood will soon be seeing a Barney's Beanery in the neighborhood.
- A car free future? A study funded by the city of Los Angeles looks into the "last mile" problem, which is "is a term created to describe the barrier many car commuters feel to taking transit or other options to single-passenger vehicle commuting."
- Continuing on that theme, Green LA Girl recaps last night's car free panel at the 18th Street Arts Center
- Yikes. "Sky diver dies in Murrieta after record-setting jump"
- People who bought condos at the Americana in Glendale will finally be able to start moving in.
- There's some drama over on Larchmont Blvd. in regards to a restaurant that's not supposed to be a restaurant.
- "The Federal Reserve on Thursday released a new rule to prohibit banks from automatically enrolling customers in overdraft protection programs, which charge fees when consumers spend more than they have," says CNN.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.