This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The Chief of the Burbank Police Department has announced he's stepping down, just weeks after the FBI launched an investigation into the force he leads.
- Detectives in Santa Clarita are working to determine if the badly-decomposed remains found behind a strip mall today are those of a young woman recently reported missing.
- And another corpse mystery...this one of a man thought to be in his 30s found near Melrose and Vine in Hollywood.
- Students at UC Irvine are planning to stage a rally November 17th to protest system-wide 32 per cent fee hike due to be voted on by the Board of Regents.
- 260 Cedars-Sinai patients were informed by letter today that they may have been exposed to levels of radiation strong enough to possibly cause eye damage.
- LA Weekly was wise to the Crystal Method's secret show at the Echoplex. Check out their slideshow and review.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.