LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The Chief of the Burbank Police Department has announced he's stepping down, just weeks after the FBI launched an investigation into the force he leads.
- Detectives in Santa Clarita are working to determine if the badly-decomposed remains found behind a strip mall today are those of a young woman recently reported missing.
- And another corpse mystery...this one of a man thought to be in his 30s found near Melrose and Vine in Hollywood.
- Students at UC Irvine are planning to stage a rally November 17th to protest system-wide 32 per cent fee hike due to be voted on by the Board of Regents.
- 260 Cedars-Sinai patients were informed by letter today that they may have been exposed to levels of radiation strong enough to possibly cause eye damage.
- LA Weekly was wise to the Crystal Method's secret show at the Echoplex. Check out their slideshow and review.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.