Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- A man in his 60s died last night in Long Beach after being struck by a van while riding a bicycle near Magnolia and 6th.
- A recent LA Times/USC poll shows that most California voters aren't planning on getting the H1N1 (Swine Flu) vaccination.
- Good news for Burbank newshounds; your local paper, the Burbank Leader, has announced they're expanding their coverage.
- How does Rodney King (LAist Interview) fight the temptation to ruin his sobriety? Boxing!
- A motorist who crashed his car into an LAPD patrol vehicle Wednesday night in North Hollywood has been charged with a DUI. The man "had a blood-alcohol content of more than 0.15" when he pulled an illegal u-turn on Lankershim Blvd.
- Will Police Chief-designate Charlie Beck focus on transparency and public accountability in the LAPD? Many hope so.
- We told you reservations would go fast for LudoBites at Royal/T next month (they're all booked!) but as consolation, maybe you can get in to Chef Lefebvre & his wife Krissy's favorite local eateries.