LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A man in his 60s died last night in Long Beach after being struck by a van while riding a bicycle near Magnolia and 6th.
- A recent LA Times/USC poll shows that most California voters aren't planning on getting the H1N1 (Swine Flu) vaccination.
- Good news for Burbank newshounds; your local paper, the Burbank Leader, has announced they're expanding their coverage.
- How does Rodney King (LAist Interview) fight the temptation to ruin his sobriety? Boxing!
- A motorist who crashed his car into an LAPD patrol vehicle Wednesday night in North Hollywood has been charged with a DUI. The man "had a blood-alcohol content of more than 0.15" when he pulled an illegal u-turn on Lankershim Blvd.
- Will Police Chief-designate Charlie Beck focus on transparency and public accountability in the LAPD? Many hope so.
- We told you reservations would go fast for LudoBites at Royal/T next month (they're all booked!) but as consolation, maybe you can get in to Chef Lefebvre & his wife Krissy's favorite local eateries.