LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A California nurses' union says they won't strike since they got the Swine Flu protections they sought written into their contracts.
- LA Observed notes that "ten members of the Los Angeles Film Critics Association have lost their gigs in the last 18 months." That leaves 11 full timers. Yikes.
- What stinks in the South OC? It's just the algae bloom.
- WWJD? A Simi Valley Christian bookstore employee was arrested, cited, and released after it was determined he'd left a recording device in the store's public restroom.
- The LA Zoo continues to face challenges over their controversial elephant exhibit.
- The owner of the crypt above that of iconic screen siren Marilyn Monroe can't seem to unload the property; a recent auction elicited absolutely no bids.
- Feeling lucky? Want to experience a night of chamber music? If you answered yes to both those, enter our contest to win tickets to see the LA Chamber Orchestra live in concert.