Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- A California nurses' union says they won't strike since they got the Swine Flu protections they sought written into their contracts.
- LA Observed notes that "ten members of the Los Angeles Film Critics Association have lost their gigs in the last 18 months." That leaves 11 full timers. Yikes.
- What stinks in the South OC? It's just the algae bloom.
- WWJD? A Simi Valley Christian bookstore employee was arrested, cited, and released after it was determined he'd left a recording device in the store's public restroom.
- The LA Zoo continues to face challenges over their controversial elephant exhibit.
- The owner of the crypt above that of iconic screen siren Marilyn Monroe can't seem to unload the property; a recent auction elicited absolutely no bids.
- Feeling lucky? Want to experience a night of chamber music? If you answered yes to both those, enter our contest to win tickets to see the LA Chamber Orchestra live in concert.