Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- How did "missed opportunities" turn the Station Fire into a disaster?
- The Fed has shut down the over five dozen branches of California National Bank of Los Angeles. US Bank will take over.
- Authorities in South Gate are investigating the case of a body found in a burning car along the LA River near the 710 Freeway.
- You gotta love these Huntington Beach seniors who get their exercise playing Wii games like bowling.
- Since today's the day we focus on life in the great beyond (okay and candy and partying), did you know that Yves St. Laurent is actually the top-earning dead celeb?
- Looking for a soundtrack for your Halloween gathering? KCRW music maven Chris Douridas reminds us their 24-hour online music station will be streaming spooky tunes until 2 a.m.
- And in other music-related news: We're running a contest through November 4th. Enter here to win tickets to see the L.A. Chamber Orchestra: Beethoven Explained & the 5th Symphony.