This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- On Saturday, the new Police Administration Building officially opened.
- A wine vineyard out in Westlake Village? Nice.
- Congrats! Water use in Pasadena over the summer dropped to the lowest levels since 1994.
- What the proposed 20-story building at Hollywood and Gower is supposed to look like.
- Time for the 710 Freeway extension? "A lawsuit filed by South Pasadena and La Canada Flintridge to stop Measure R funding for the 710 tunnel extension has been settled in favor of the Metropolitan Transportation Agency."
- A look into the Anti-Vaccine crowd.
- There's been lots of news about the city of Industry in regards to the NFL Stadium, but everything is not so cheery. A man was carjacked this morning by two women driving a U-Haul.
- It is rumored that the top three candidates for LAPD Chief will be announced tomorrow, says KNX1070 on air.
- Remember... There are a few ways to stay connected with LAist. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.