This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A two-car accident on Friday night between a vehicle and an LAPD cruiser left a young woman dead in Venice. Lots of questions are being asked.
- Foodie Alert in NoHo: Barsac Brasserie is now Firenze Osteria with Top Chef season five contestant Fabio Viviani partly behind the operation.
- Oh really?"This airport will not be world-class until we have public transportation that connects to the airport. Part of this plan does include extending the Green Line into the airport and that will be a project that will happen eventually."
- Are you staying up or getting up early? "The Orionids, the second annual meteor shower of the year, is expected to peak Oct. 21 [that's Wednesday!] around 3 a.m.," says the LA Times Daily Travel and Deal Blog.
- An 18-year-old Calabasas man was charged with burglary today for stealing from the homes of Lindsay Lohan and Audrina Patridge
- The first LAPD COMPSTAT meeting was held today in the new Police Administration Building. It was Chief William Bratton's last such meeting before he retires next week.
- Political shift: former state Assemblyman Wally Knox will move from the Port of L.A. to the LADWP as Director of External Affairs.
- Remember... There are a few ways to stay connected with LAist. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.