Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- A two-car accident on Friday night between a vehicle and an LAPD cruiser left a young woman dead in Venice. Lots of questions are being asked.
- Foodie Alert in NoHo: Barsac Brasserie is now Firenze Osteria with Top Chef season five contestant Fabio Viviani partly behind the operation.
- Oh really? "This airport will not be world-class until we have public transportation that connects to the airport. Part of this plan does include extending the Green Line into the airport and that will be a project that will happen eventually."
- Are you staying up or getting up early? "The Orionids, the second annual meteor shower of the year, is expected to peak Oct. 21 [that's Wednesday!] around 3 a.m.," says the LA Times Daily Travel and Deal Blog.
- An 18-year-old Calabasas man was charged with burglary today for stealing from the homes of Lindsay Lohan and Audrina Patridge
- The first LAPD COMPSTAT meeting was held today in the new Police Administration Building. It was Chief William Bratton's last such meeting before he retires next week.
- Political shift: former state Assemblyman Wally Knox will move from the Port of L.A. to the LADWP as Director of External Affairs.
- Remember... There are a few ways to stay connected with LAist. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.