This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Turns out those "gunshots" heard this morning at an Oxnard courthouse was actually the sound of nearby construction.
- Talk about a "get off my darn lawn!" moment: A bobcat strolled through one Irivine yard recently. Yikes!
- The police have nabbed two suspects whom they believe are the duo using Craigslist to find targets for home-invasion robberies.
- Today was"Student Recovery Day" in the LAUSD, when officials go in search of dropouts to see if they can get them back into school.
- Octomom Nadya Suleman's doctor has been given the boot from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
- If you've ever wanted to see Los Angeles totally destroyed in less than three minutes...
- What does the latest documentary about the late Julius Shulman neglect to discuss regarding the photographer's legacy?