LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Turns out those "gunshots" heard this morning at an Oxnard courthouse was actually the sound of nearby construction.
- Talk about a "get off my darn lawn!" moment: A bobcat strolled through one Irivine yard recently. Yikes!
- The police have nabbed two suspects whom they believe are the duo using Craigslist to find targets for home-invasion robberies.
- Today was "Student Recovery Day" in the LAUSD, when officials go in search of dropouts to see if they can get them back into school.
- Octomom Nadya Suleman's doctor has been given the boot from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
- If you've ever wanted to see Los Angeles totally destroyed in less than three minutes...
- What does the latest documentary about the late Julius Shulman neglect to discuss regarding the photographer's legacy?