This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Gov. Schwarzenegger is expected to approve the environmental waiver that would allow a 75k-seat stadium to be built in Los Angeles.
- There was a 3.2 magnitude earthquake in the Oxmard-Port Hueneme area last night.
- Detectives in the Santa Clarita Valley are working to determine the cause of death and identity of the partially decomposed human remains found near a bike path near the South Fork trail.
- Shopping mall powerhouse Westfield has withdrawn their application to develop space in Arcadia's The Promenade after legal action by rival developer Caruso blocked their action.
- A fire that broke out last night in a Tarzana church is under investigation by the House of Worship Task Force.
- Find out how the owners of a house made famous in 1940s film noir are preserving the home's unique history.
- Ladies: Looking for Mr. Right? Maybe the Three Day Rule can help you navigate the LA dating scene.