Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Census worries: "California has cut its census funding to $2 million from $24.7 million a decade earlier, and a Pew Charitable Trusts study released this week found that L.A. funding has also plunged."
- What's the latest in the courts with cases that involve vehicles and cyclists?
- The suspect in the UCLA stabbing/slashing pleaded not guilty today in court.
- The people behind the downtown streetcar effort are seeking to hire a couple consultants.
- Franklin Avenue remembers the Los Angeles Times Magazine debacle from 10 years ago.
- Agura, a French-Japanese hybrid on La Cienega, has soft opened.
- Like to hike in the San Diego area? One man aims to hike 100 class 1 & 2 peaks in the area.
- Remember... There are a few ways to stay connected with LAist. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.