Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Census worries: "California has cut its census funding to $2 million from $24.7 million a decade earlier, and a Pew Charitable Trusts study released this week found that L.A. funding has also plunged."
- What's the latest in the courts with cases that involve vehicles and cyclists?
- The suspect in the UCLA stabbing/slashing pleaded not guilty today in court.
- The people behind the downtown streetcar effort are seeking to hire a couple consultants.
- Franklin Avenue remembers the Los Angeles Times Magazine debacle from 10 years ago.
- Agura, a French-Japanese hybrid on La Cienega, has soft opened.
- Like to hike in the San Diego area? One man aims to hike 100 class 1 & 2 peaks in the area.
- Remember... There are a few ways to stay connected with LAist. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.