LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Police continue to work to determine the motive in the case of the UCLA student whose throat was slashed while she worked in a campus chem lab.
- Duck, duck, goose: A Northridge doc who claimed her herbal concoction could cure cancer has been charged with fraud.
- ...or get off the pot? The LAPD are in a holding pattern when it comes to the recent declaration that marijuana dispensaries are illegal.
- Did Cedars-Sinai administer overdoses of radiation to some of its patients? An investigation is underway.
- Man's worst friend: A Newport Beach firefighter is the prime suspect in the killing of his girlfriend's dog.
- Calling in "oink" to work or school? People may be using the swine flu as an excuse to play hooky.
- Something's Phish-y around here! Oh, hey, it's our contest to win tickets to the 3-day Phish Fest.