LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- There's no mincing words in this headline about one of CA's Governor-hopefuls: "Meg Whitman is a Liar"
- Gender-segregated schools aren't news, but for the LAUSD today marks the first time one of their schools isolates genders for instruction.
- A second mistrial has been declared in the case of a father who is accused of throwing his young daughter off a cliff in 2000 in Rancho Palos Verdes.
- Nebraska Police found 62 pounds of marijuana in the trunk of the car of a Los Alamitos man driving through the state.
- Celebri-Twit-lanthropy: Drew Carey will give $100k to Livestrong if he can hit 100k followers on his @DrewFromTV account.
- Campanile Chef Mark Peel talks about dishes that take him--and eaters--back to 1959.
- C'mon Phish fans, you know you wanna: Enter our contest to win tickets to their upcoming 3-day fest.