This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- There's no mincing words in this headline about one of CA's Governor-hopefuls: "Meg Whitman is a Liar"
- Gender-segregated schools aren't news, but for the LAUSD today marks the first time one of their schools isolates genders for instruction.
- A second mistrial has been declared in the case of a father who is accused of throwing his young daughter off a cliff in 2000 in Rancho Palos Verdes.
- Nebraska Police found 62 pounds of marijuana in the trunk of the car of a Los Alamitos man driving through the state.
- Celebri-Twit-lanthropy: Drew Carey will give $100k to Livestrong if he can hit 100k followers on his @DrewFromTV account.
- Campanile Chef Mark Peel talks about dishes that take him--and eaters--back to 1959.
- C'mon Phish fans, you know you wanna: Enter our contest to win tickets to their upcoming 3-day fest.