LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- An OC judge has given a serial murder suspect the ok to serve as his own attorney.
- Well done water savers: Pasadena Water and Power reports usage was down 12 per cent in July and August from the same months last year.
- Burbank teens spent their Saturday night sleeping outside in cardboard boxes as part of a fundraiser to help local homeless people.
- Looks like many of America's Most Expensive Homes--including a $65 million Brentwood manse--aren't being bought up. Shocking, right?
- A new name behind the scenes at the LA Times: Sean Gallagher will replace Meredith Artley as the managing editor of the online department.
- Hmm, are you sure it's not "The 20 Burgers You Need to Eat Before You Diet"? Burger joint The Counter has opened another location today, this one in Pasadena.
- Nope, that's not it guys! The WSJ joins the ranks of many who falsely label a house seen from PCH as the Getty Villa.