This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- School Districts in California desperate for funding reach out for commercial sponsors to help them stay afloat.
- It's boiling down to a he-said-she-said: SD Chargers' Shawne Merriman vs. MTV's Tila Tequila.
- If Dorothy Inouye hadn't been cleaning her kitchen last night she'd probably have been killed by the big rig truck that plowed right into her bedroom.
- It's been almost a year since the deadly Metrolink crash in Chatsworth, and commuters still have concerns about train safety.
- Professors at UC schools are being urged to walk off the job on September 24th to protest furloughs and budget cuts.
- Few people get to see the view from Case Study House #22 (aka the Stahl House, designed by Pierre Koenig and made iconic by Julius Shulman) but LA Observed says it's "supremely stunning."
- Time to re-adjust your dial? Tomorrow the all-news KFWB 980 goes to a new format: (Mostly) Talk.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.