LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- School Districts in California desperate for funding reach out for commercial sponsors to help them stay afloat.
- It's boiling down to a he-said-she-said: SD Chargers' Shawne Merriman vs. MTV's Tila Tequila.
- If Dorothy Inouye hadn't been cleaning her kitchen last night she'd probably have been killed by the big rig truck that plowed right into her bedroom.
- It's been almost a year since the deadly Metrolink crash in Chatsworth, and commuters still have concerns about train safety.
- Professors at UC schools are being urged to walk off the job on September 24th to protest furloughs and budget cuts.
- Few people get to see the view from Case Study House #22 (aka the Stahl House, designed by Pierre Koenig and made iconic by Julius Shulman) but LA Observed says it's "supremely stunning."
- Time to re-adjust your dial? Tomorrow the all-news KFWB 980 goes to a new format: (Mostly) Talk.