Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- 25-year-old Travion T. Ford was found guilty of second degree murder today in the stabbing death of a USC film student last year.
- Want to lend a hand somehow to help those affected by the Station Fire? CurbedLA has a useful guide.
- The City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation won an Emmy for a frank PSA about the perils of not driving safely.
- The OC's Newport Beach is a little bit of Hollywood South these days, as over 100 film permits have been issued in the city this year.
- Some ethical questions are swirling around Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's chief deputy mayor appointee Jay Carson.
- Are you a T-Mobile customer? Some minor reception issues you may have encountered could be due to the Station Fire.
- Planning on making a pilgrimage to Sin City in 2011? Pucker up and get ready to rock and roll all night long, because it seems KISS is about to become the next music act to set up a permanent gig in Vegas.