Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- A girl kidnapped in 1991 has been found alive in Northern California and whoa, it looks like she had a baby with one of her alleged captors.
- Ha, ha, ha! A Kentucky Fried Chicken in Palms has been converted into a medical marijuana dispensary called... Kind for Cures
- The latest in the Michael Jackson investigation, via NPR: "The warrant unsealed Thursday showed that various drugs, including marijuana, the generic form of Valium and other sedatives were found in the singer's rented mansion. A detective also indicated that Jackson's body showed signs of injections."
- Do this before you die (probably best read in print): Jonathan Gold's 99 Essential L.A. Restaurants. Also, from earlier this summer from Caroline on Crack: 100 Things To Try in L.A. Before You Die.
- Ouch. A man died after being Tasered at the NoHo subway station last night.
- Have you seen the Total Crisis Panic Button crosswalks yet?
- "Ex-LAUSD assistant principal pleads no contest to molestations, gets 8 years in prison."
- Is Chris Brown's song, Changed Man, an apology and an attempt to get Rihanna back?