This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A girl kidnapped in 1991 has been found alive in Northern California and whoa, it looks likeshe had a baby with one of her alleged captors.
- Ha, ha, ha! A Kentucky Fried Chicken in Palms has been converted into a medical marijuana dispensary called... Kind for Cures
- The latest in the Michael Jackson investigation, via NPR: "The warrant unsealed Thursday showed that various drugs, including marijuana, the generic form of Valium and other sedatives were found in the singer's rented mansion. A detective also indicated that Jackson's body showed signs of injections."
- Do this before you die (probably best read in print): Jonathan Gold's 99 Essential L.A. Restaurants. Also, from earlier this summer from Caroline on Crack: 100 Things To Try in L.A. Before You Die.
- Ouch. A man died after being Tasered at the NoHo subway station last night.
- Have you seen the Total Crisis Panic Button crosswalks yet?
- "Ex-LAUSD assistant principal pleads no contest to molestations, gets 8 years in prison."
- Is Chris Brown's song, Changed Man, an apology and an attempt to get Rihanna back?