Local community reporting is vital, so is your support.
Your donation, which powers our reporters and keep us independent, will be matched dollar for dollar today during our June Member drive.
- The LA Weekly recently re-ran a five-year-old movie review, written for them by a girl who was 12 at the time. The writer? Lily Burk, the 17-year-old who was murdered last month in Downtown.
- Some teenagers in Long Beach have started a record label and are hoping the internet will help them network their way to profits.
- Time for cost-cutting in the OC. Most of the courts in the County will be closed on Wednesday.
- Los Angeles still remains shut out of the HuffPo's lists of cities for best local food-known or "undiscovered." Plus, nary an LA eatery made Bon Appetit mag's list of Top Ten New Restaurants.
- Have you checked out the new food site Zester Daily, featuring many Angeleno contributors? Thoughts?
- Disney's "first actress," Virginia Davies died late last week at the age of 90.
- Ready for a new season of Dancing With the Stars? And, nope--Mrs. Howard Stern isn't on the list!