This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Gruesome discovery: A woman's body was found stuffed in a suitcase in Buena Park early this morning.
- Another body story making headlines today is about Michael Jackson, and speculation that he's currently being kept on ice.
- It wasn't drugs or porn or other scandalous contraband that Feds seized in Los Angeles last week out of a shipment from China, but rather counterfeit Spiderman clogs.
- The Sausage Factory helps us get some insight into where contributions are coming from in the CD2 Council seat campaign.
- City 1, Concerned Citizens of South Central Los Angeles, 0. Or, LAUSD 1, Soccer enthusiasts, 0.
- President Obama's grade from one of his former Oxy profs is still a B. Well, at least that's the grade on an old paper of his from nearly that isn't going to change--no matter how much the Chief disagrees.
- Eating LA suggests the LA Times' Sandy Banks might have less horror of chain restaurants if she...well, didn't eat at them. (Amen!)