Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Gruesome discovery: A woman's body was found stuffed in a suitcase in Buena Park early this morning.
- Another body story making headlines today is about Michael Jackson, and speculation that he's currently being kept on ice.
- It wasn't drugs or porn or other scandalous contraband that Feds seized in Los Angeles last week out of a shipment from China, but rather counterfeit Spiderman clogs.
- The Sausage Factory helps us get some insight into where contributions are coming from in the CD2 Council seat campaign.
- City 1, Concerned Citizens of South Central Los Angeles, 0. Or, LAUSD 1, Soccer enthusiasts, 0.
- President Obama's grade from one of his former Oxy profs is still a B. Well, at least that's the grade on an old paper of his from nearly that isn't going to change--no matter how much the Chief disagrees.
- Eating LA suggests the LA Times' Sandy Banks might have less horror of chain restaurants if she...well, didn't eat at them. (Amen!)