LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- A large brush fire that's been burning since Saturday in Santa Barbara County prompted evacuations today.
- Now the city is proposing to remove bicycle lanes. The battle continues...
- Speaking of transportation issues, Councilmen Bill Rosendahl and Paul Koretz will take over the city's Transportation Committee.
- Kogi BBQ + Book Donations + Silver Lake Library = New Books for You this Saturday!
- Dealing with the billboard and supergraphic controversy and now this: "Andrew Adelman, the general manager of the city's Department of Building and Safety, is being investigated by the LAPD as "the prime suspect" in connection with an alleged sexual assault."
- It's that time of the month again. The Downtown Artwalk is this Thursday and blogdowntown has their monthly preview.
- LA Weekly ponders if the Grauman's Chinese Theater for Sale?
- Rent check: 800 sq ft 1 bed 1 bath asking $2600 on the Venice Boardwalk.
- We've extended our contest for tickets to a show this week Friday! Enter to win a pair of ticket to the current show, "The Pain and the Itch," at the Boston Court in Pasadena!