Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Tonight's Town Hall meeting hosted by Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Pasadena) is expected to draw supporters and those opposed to the proposed healthcare reforms being discussed.
- Los Angeles and Glendale both have the distinction of pulling up the rear, at 184 and 191, respectively, in a ranking of 194 cities for Best Drivers, as assembled by Allstate.
- Sherman Oaks eatery Max has come to the end of its lifespan and will soon become Marche, helmed by Gary Menes of Glendale's Palate. Back in '02 Esquire voted Max one of the Best New Restaurants of the year.
- Mayor Sam reminds us that it's always a good time to think about Park[ing] Day LA and what the annual event means in our city.
- Who doesn't like pie? KCRW's "Good Food" host Evan Kleiman will be making 6 pies on KTLA's morning show tomorrow, and, of course, that means there's going to be lots of leftovers. She'll be selling slices at her restaurant Angeli Caffe starting at 11:30 a.m.
- A sort of strange honor goes to one Huntington Beach man; the inventor of the Jupiter Jack calls the OC home, and his product is the last one being hawked on air by the late Billy Mays.
- We've extended our contest for tickets to a show this week Friday! Enter to win a pair of ticket to the current show, "The Pain and the Itch," at the Boston Court in Pasadena!