Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- The candidates running for the open Council position in CD2 met today in Sunland-Tujunga for a debate, which Mayor Sam liveblogged.
- Forget "pencils" and "teacher's dirty looks," try no more (new) books for K-8 students in California until 2016.
- What if there's a fire in your office? The LAFD wants you to know what to do.
- Headline of the Day: "Michael Jackson Gets His Brain Back." Thanks, Fox 11.
- The California Highway Patrol swore in its largest graduating class Friday, authorizing 183 new officers to serve--and ticket--drivers in our state.
- Does your favorite Los Angeles-area Chef use Twitter? LA Weekly's Squid Ink talks about how a few of them use the site.
- Speaking of tweeting (my, that sounds naughty!) rocker Courtney Love may well be the first person to be sued for libel over a Tweet. Incidentally, if you follow her on the site, you may notice she's, errmmm, prolific.