LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- The candidates running for the open Council position in CD2 met today in Sunland-Tujunga for a debate, which Mayor Sam liveblogged.
- Forget "pencils" and "teacher's dirty looks," try no more (new) books for K-8 students in California until 2016.
- What if there's a fire in your office? The LAFD wants you to know what to do.
- Headline of the Day: "Michael Jackson Gets His Brain Back." Thanks, Fox 11.
- The California Highway Patrol swore in its largest graduating class Friday, authorizing 183 new officers to serve--and ticket--drivers in our state.
- Does your favorite Los Angeles-area Chef use Twitter? LA Weekly's Squid Ink talks about how a few of them use the site.
- Speaking of tweeting (my, that sounds naughty!) rocker Courtney Love may well be the first person to be sued for libel over a Tweet. Incidentally, if you follow her on the site, you may notice she's, errmmm, prolific.